> October 12, 2012. ~ 7pm. “Duneland Bonfire.” #nwidrinkup / #nwitweetup / #nwisnapup
October 12, 2012. ~ 7pm. “Duneland Bonfire.” #nwidrinkup / #nwitweetup / #nwisnapup
Update September 7th, 2012
Randi Light of New Buffalo Hypnosis volunteered to host the bonfire at Tamarack Beach near her home in Ogden Dunes. Private beach, beautiful views, easier to host bonfires and, oh yeah, alcohol permitted so we definitely agreed to change the venue.
Also: her 33rdish birthday is the day before so how could we turn the birthday girl down?
New Date: October 12th, 2012. Details in the quickfacts below!
A few of use were talkin’ that although most of us live near near or along the third coast, most of us don’t spend enough time up along its shores. Well, with the next #NWITweetup / #nwidrinkup / #nwisnapup / #nwibonfire / #nwinwiness / #nwiwhateveryouwanttocallit event, we’re remedying that. I’m calling it “The 1st Annual Duneland Bonfire,” because I’m hopeful…
The Duneland Bonfire is not really a tweetup, but that’s probably what makes it a great meetup event. A few of us are meeting up on Tamarack Beach and having a bonfire while there’s still days in the summer to do so. We’ll have some firewood, vegetarian marshmellows (ask Sarah Highlan), and a potluck of goodies – provided you remember to bring some. Who is “you?” YOU! The one reading this. Community it is!.
Here’s what you need to know:
2012 Duneland Bonfire Quickfacts
- Date: October 12, 2012
- Time: ~ 6:30 pm CST til the fire dies
- Location: Tamarack Beach, Ogden Dunes, IN
- Parking: Near the beach
- Sponsored By: Folks who want a bonfire, damnit.
- Food / Drink Specials: BYO
- Alcohol Allowed? Yes. Its another reason why we switched the venue!
- Who Is Allowed to Come? anyone who can find it!
- Can Children Come? absolutely, especially if they bring their smiles!
- And When the Sun Goes Down? We’ll take pictures, claim we saw The Green Flash, make a decision and tweet it out to our friends who might meet up with us.
- If It Rains? We’re making a dash to Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant @ Bass Pro Shop in Portage, IN
Map to Tamarack Beach from Portage / Ogden Dunes South Shore Train Station on US 12
View Larger Map
However you want to do it:
1) Leave a comment below and let us know you’re coming out.
2) hit us up on twitter:
3) or hashtags
As Amos Lead would sing, "...shout out, shout out loud."